Date(s) - 12/07/2018 - 12/09/2018
- Arts & Crafts Shows
- Children's Activities
- Expos & Shows
- Family Friendly
- Food and Beverage
Please join us at the inaugural Adirondack Christkindlmarkt as we bring a longtime Alpine tradition to the Adirondacks and make it our own.
The German word Christkindlmarkt — pronounced kris-kindel-mart — translates to Christmas Market in English. These markets originated in Germany centuries ago. Other countries and cities have adopted the tradition throughout the years. For the first time ever, we’re bringing one of these heart-warming, family-friendly events to Lake George as we celebrate the season.
Find quality, one-of-a-kind gifts as you shop with nearly 30 artisan vendors under a heated tent in the Charles R. Wood Park located on West Brook Road. There will be holiday light displays, fire pits, children’s activities, live music and entertainment, and more to be announced!
Mrs. Claus will help children write letters to Santa Friday afternoon.
This 3-day festival is happening rain, shine or snow! Admission is FREE!
It’s set to take place:
Friday, December 7, 2018 — 3 to8 p.m.
Saturday, December 8, 2018 — 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday, December 9, 2018 — 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Lake George Steamboat Company will provide food and beverages including coffee, donuts, beer and “Gluhwein,” a delicious wine brewed with cinnamon and holiday spices that will warm you up in the cold weather!
Dickinson’s Delights will be making crepes on site as well as offering macaroni and cheese, soups, pies, cakes, brownies and other baked goods!
German food will be provided by Wursthaus III.
The menu includes:
- Bratwurst pork
- Knackwurst beef
- Hot and spicy wurst beef and pork
- German Potato Salad
Vendors (check back again for updates):
- Three Black Sheep — Handwoven baskets and sculptural pieces in original designs and native twill patterns. Each piece is a unique expression using reeds, birch bark, spruce, roots, handwood splint, and other materials collected from family woodlands.
- Let’s Weave a While — Handwoven vests, felted santa decorations, alpaca hats, blankets, alpaca shoe inserts, rustic walking sticks, toy slingshots and more.
- Monte Al Mare Farm — Hand crafted, cold pressed soap w/ organic oils, wild harvested botanicals & essential oils
- Firefly — Natural soy wax candles,lead/zinc free wicks, no artificial colors
- Pennyworks Pottery — High fired stoneware (cups, bowls, plates) wheel thrown. Own designs & forms, own glazeware.
- Mutts & Barley, LLC — Local business that brews non alcoholic dog beer, upcycles the spent grain to make dog treats. 3 flavors & 2 types of treats.
- Cathy LaClair Jewelry Designs — Hand fabricated, clean lined jewelry in sterling silver w/ natural gemstones and pearls.
- Wild Blossom Designs — Hand-poured candles and luminaries designed with botanicals local beeswax and native plants
- YB Wild Pottery — All pieces are ceramic stoneware, produced by hand in their home studio. They offer both wheel-thrown bowls, vases, mugs, pitchers, slab- built plates/platters impressed with Adirondack Lake or local plants. All original art and produced individually. Only a small number produced each year.
- Lake George Beef Jerky Outlet — Over 100 varieties of jerky – dehydrated or smoked. Made in TN. Also offer hot sauce, snacks and rubs.
- Good Day Honey, Inc — Honey products
- CJ Crafts — Crochet, cotton, alpaca, sheep/wool, hand crocheted doilies. Original designs, some vintage patterns, Hubcap clocks
- Sacred Heart Church — Christmas articles, cookies, parish cookbooks, Christmas ornaments, note paper, Christmas cards of world famous stained glass windows
- Fern & Filigree/Glass Art by John — Fern & Filigree creates image pendants in a vintage style using vintage advertisements on illustrations. These are done on the computer and printed on photo paper, chichis then set under glass cabochons and put into a pendant. John makes stained glass pieces in Tiffany style.
- Bochert Birch Furniture — Handmade wood furniture using white birch, larch, cherry and maple.
- Saratoga Boards — Wooden handmade cutting boards, wooden countertops
- European Sheepskins — High quality sheepskin rugs/throws from heritage breeds from England, Scotland, Iceland, Holland, Albania, Slovakia. Goes to tanners in the mountains of southern Poland handworks on-site to choose skins and make rugs. All-natural colors, eco-tanned.
- Lavenlair Farm LLC — Lavender products, essential oils made from lavender grown on local farm.
- Lake George Steamboat Co. — Christmas items
- Adirondack Custom Creations — Handmade products with local wood including sofa tables, coffee tables, end tables, wall decor, candle holders, coat racks, lake outline carvings
- Fairy Craft Mothers — Handcrafted items such as purses, ties, keychains, messenger bags, headbands and hats and scarves.
- Love is on Lake George — Metal decor, permeable processes. Original designs of Love is on Lake George, Adirondacks. Items made by local suppliers.
- Divya’s Polished Divas — Special nail polish in strips that are 95% dry at time of application. Also selling Thirty-One Gifts, home decor, handbags and wallets.
- Karen Banovic — Water Color paintings created by hand. No projections are used. Transparent, water color paints are chosen to create the balance between the darkest and lightest values. No prints are made from paintings. Each is an original.
- Maple Mountain NY, LLC — Specialty maple products including maple vinaigrette, raspberry balsamic maple vinaigrette, blueberry balsamic maple vinaigrette, maple bbq sauce, maple cookies, bourbon-barrel aged maple syrup, and traditional maple products such as maple cream, candies and cotton candy.
- Jessie Makes Stuff — Mixed media paintings,w/ embellishments. Handmade inspirational art pieces used to empower people.
- Groovy Headbands — Handmade fleece headbands and ear bands in up to 50 patterns. Warm, stylish and groovy!
- NanMade LLC & Lincoln + Quinn— NanMade: Hand painted, hand dyed silk scarves, silk fabric, felted pieces and hand dyed silk products for felting and sewing. Lincoln + Quinn: Hand-woven rugs (mainly rag rugs), yak wool, baby blankets and cloths.
Live Music & Performers (Check back for a schedule!)
- PJ Duo
- Tim Ortiz
- Jason Irwin
- Jim Robinson
- Erin Powers
- Mikki Bakken
- St. Vincent De Paul Choir
- Enzian Bavarian Tanzgruppe
Call these hotels for special rates during your stay!
- Best Western — (518) 668-5701
- Clarion Hotel — (518) 793-3196
- Courtyard Marriott – 518-337-6526
- Fort William Henry — (518) 668-3081
- Hampton Inn Lake George — (518) 668-4100
- Holiday Inn Resort in Lake George (Special rate of $109 +tax per night!)— (518) 668-5781
- Holiday Inn Express in Queensbury — 518-415-1888
- Inn at Erlowest — (518) 668-5928
- Lodges at Cresthaven — (518) 668-3332/877-722-8953
- Sagamore Resort — (518) 644-9400
- Wyngate by Wyndham— 518-668-4884
This event is being organized primarily by a group of dedicated volunteers, Adirondack Folk School, Lake George Regional Convention & Visitors Bureau with underwriting from the Town and Village of Lake George, CDPHP, Price Chopper-Market 32, The Lake George Factory Outlets and the Lake George Mirror.