Welcome to our Chamber!
The Lake George Region offers one of the largest mixes of attractions and amenities in the world. The area is home to Lake George, “Queen of American Lakes,” and is the gateway to The Adirondack Mountains, which spans over six million acres in Northern New York – an area larger than the entire state of Vermont. The Adirondack Mountains have more than 2,000 miles of hiking trails, over 3,000 lakes and ponds, and 1,200 miles of rivers. Each year, guests from all over the world visit the Lake George Region for its abundance of family-friendly accommodations, outdoor activities, events, historic sites, and beaches, all of which offer breathtaking Adirondack Mountain views at every turn. We’re just a few hours north of New York City, one hour from Albany International Airport, and a convenient distance by automobile or train. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
- Maintaining and staffing three information centers year-round, centrally located for highly visible distribution of your business literature, brochures and special brochures.
- Publication of travel guides and other informational brochures.
- Promotion of the area through a comprehensive and aggressive marketing program, distribution of travel guides through various informational centers and consumer/trade shows and direct mailed to visitors.
- Maintaining a web site and offering a free listing and advertising opportunities. Our highly visible website is the perfect vehicle for you to advertise your business.
- Compiling and distribution of inquiries in printed list form, on labels or by e-mail. This enables our members to direct mail their literature to potential visitors.
- Publishing a weekly e-newsletter, sent to all members (also available on our web site), with information on important upcoming events, regional and legislative information, programs the Chamber is working on and sponsorship space.
- Social gatherings, such as the spring and fall membership mixers, breakfast mixers, workshops and holiday parties, where members can network with other members.
- Seminars and information meetings focusing on topics to help make your business a success.
- Group Health Insurance.
- Vacationer Discount Coupons. This program give the member the ability to offer special discounts to potential visitors both online and offline.
- Press releases promoting special events and newsworthy information.
- Host travel writers who provide editorials and stories within their publications focusing on the Lake George Region and our members.
- Informational videos and photography showcasing the Lake George Region.
- Open monthly Board of Directors meetings where members can come to keep up on what is happening in their Chamber of Commerce.
- Professional and courteous staff that promotes the Lake George Region by providing answers and information to travelers and visitors.