Our region is growing!
The Lake George Region is a unique place to work, play and live. This is an area where it’s OK, if not inevitable, to mix fun with work. Just look around at the scenery!
With all the expansion and reinvestment into the area comes more opportunities for employment.
Below we’ll post job openings as our business members alert us.
We’re happy to offer this help-wanted listing as a member benefit and pleased to connect quality employers with qualified candidates.
Check back often for updates!
The Sembrich-Marcella Sembrich Memorial Association| (518) 644-2431| the sembrich.org
The Sembrich is looking for an energetic, responsible and musically inclined individual to take on the role of PRODUCTION ASSISTANT.
Job Description – Summer internship opportunity at 30-50 hours per week for experience in museum docent, concert preparation and production management during the Sembrich’s 2019 season of concerts, recital/talks and films. This position reports to the Director of Operations and Finance.
- Museum Coverage including docent responsibilities, gift shop transactions and museum care.
- Assistance in performance and reception set-up & take down, house management, hospitality and all aspects related to the concert, recital/talk and film series. Visit www.TheSembrich.org for full season schedule.
- Assistance in the preparation and layout of programs and concert materials, including the editing of performer bio’s, program notes and text translations.
- Interest in and general knowledge of classical music.
- Participation in an early June orientation program and background reading on the life of Marcella Sembrich.
- Availability on evenings and weekends.
- Strong writing skills.
- Moderate lifting of chairs, equipment, etc.
- Experience in Microsoft Publisher, Photoshop and other similar computer programs.
- Starting date June 9, 2019; preferred ending date September 14, 2019 (negotiable based on schooling.)
- Negotiable (range: $5,000-$5,500); based on skills, experience and ending date.
- College credit available per institutions’s requirements.
Please send the following materials by Tuesday, April 23rd to Beth Barton-Navitsky, Director of Operations and Finance, email@example.com OR The Sembrich, PO Box 417, Bolton Landing, NY 12814:
- Writing Samples
- 3 letters of recommendation