Located at the southern end of Lake George within walking distance of the village, Festival Commons at Charles R. Wood Park is a new outdoor venue in Lake George that offers a prime festival space. The 2.5-acre space is located on the corner of West Brook Road and Canada Street. It’s perfect for concerts, farmer’s market-style festivals, car shows and more.
These images show an aerial view of Festival Commons in the Charles R. Wood Park.
Venue Features Include:
- 2.5 Acres
- Four Season Accessibility
- Handicap Accessibility
- High Capacity Electrical Services
- Adjacent Environmental Park
- Skate Park & Playground
- Vast Local Attractions & Activities for Acts and Guests
The Charles R. Wood Festival Commons includes clean, new restrooms for use during events.
The venue offers unique attractions for family-friendly events as it is adjacent to a skate plaza, children’s adventure park and an environmental park. The environmental park featuring a nature walk was designed as part of the West Brook Conservation Initiative in an effort to filter stormwater before it reaches Lake George.
Looking to plan an event? We can help you find:
- Event Registration Support
- Contacts & Referrals
- Marketing Promotions Assistance
- Hotel/Housing Assistance
- Transportation Assistance
- On-Site Staff Support & Property Management
- Professional Catering Services
Contact Special Events & Convention Sales Director Kristen Hanifin at (518) 668-5755 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Permitting Requirements and Processes
Event Manager & vendors are responsible for all permitting and associated fees, to ensure full compliance to use Charles R. Wood Festival Space, and must comply with all permit conditions.
Insurance Requirements & Permits Required for On Premises
- Event manager is responsible for securing insurance for the entire event and is responsible for ensuring that all vendors, subcontractors, agents, performer and contractors provide proof of the pre-requisite insurance as well.
- The limits of liability for use of the property for permitted activities shall not be less than $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate combined single limits for all damages arising out of bodily injury, including death/property damage.
- Warren County and the Village of Lake George will each be named as additional insured, on a primary basis. The following verbiage will be used on the certificate of insurance: Warren County and the Village of Lake George, their Boards, Officers and Employees are named as additional insureds on a primary, noncontributing basis.
- All insurance companies must be licensed or admitted carriers in New York State.
- Vendors must provide liability insurance proof to the Event Manager & it must be kept on file. Vendors must also list Warren County and the Village of Lake George as additional insured.
- Please refer to Application/Use Permit to Use Charles R. Wood Park Festival Space, Section 1 for insurance requirements.
Permits Required to Serve Liquor/beer/wine on Premises:
- Event manager must receive permission from Village of Lake George to sell/serve liquor on Charles R. Wood Festival Space grounds.
- https://www.sla.ny.gov/online-permit-applications – Must apply for a SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT (application is in the link above)
- Event manager must provide a copy of current liquor license and insurance certificate of insurance, specifically including coverage for liquor law liability in an amount of not less than five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000), as well as a copy of the State Liquor Authority Permit.
- Vendors subcontracted by the event manager, must provide proof of NYS liquor license and liability insurance, in the amount listed above.
Permit to Serve Food on Premises
- Event manager is responsible for ensuring vendors obtain permit from Department of Health to prepare/serve food at the event.
Permit to use West Brook Parking Lot
- The adjacent parking lot is available through a separate permit & fee. Please contact Jeff Tennyson at 518-668-4141 email@example.com for more information.
Event Manager is responsible for ensuring that ALL PERMITS are provided and should be kept on file.