Fort Ticonderoga’s Heroic Maze: A Corn Maze Adventure!
Share time with family and friends while exploring a unique corn maze located on the shores of Lake Champlain at Fort Ticonderoga. Getting lost in this life-size puzzle is part of the fun as you look for history clues among towering stalks of corn! Find clues connected to our story as you make your way through the maze!
The Heroic Maze is designed to be challenging, but still allows visitors to exit quickly if needed. The maze is divided into two phases so you can customize your experience:
A short maze specially designed for our youngest visitors is a fun introduction to corn mazes.This maze has twists and turns but no dead ends. Recommended for children up to age four with adult supervision.
"Engineer a Fort" Maze Quest
Hidden in the maze are 8 stations each representing a component of an 18th-century fort. Players are given a Quest Card to collect a stamp from each station. It takes perseverance and skill to find all the objects. Great fun for all ages!
The Heroic Maze is included with general site admission through October 15!
September 2- October 15, 2017
10 am - 5 pm (Last entry 4:30 pm) Saturdays & Sundays only.
Also open Labor Day (Monday, September 4, 2017) and Columbus Day (Monday, October 9, 2017).
Learn more about Field Trips & Groups
Experience the maze at night:
"Maze by Moonlight" is Friday October 27 & Saturday October 28, 2017
Explore the maze using your flashlight as a guide at this classic fall event. The mysteries of the night surround you as you search for hidden stations in the maze to complete our Engineer a Fort Maze Quest! Cost is $10 per person; tickets available at the door. Admissions booth/maze opens at 7:00 p.m.; last ticket sold at 9:00 p.m., maze closes at 10:00 p.m.
Things you should know:
- In the event of lightning or heavy rain creating slippery conditions in the field, the maze must close.
- Dress comfortably and be prepared for changing weather conditions. Sturdy shoes or sneakers with closed toes are recommended.
- The maze is not handicapped accessible.
- Last entry to the maze is at 4:30 pm. Arrive early so that you have plenty of time to enjoy the adventure!
- Parking is available near the maze or you may walk from the fort.
Corn Maze Rules:
- Our maze is a living work of art. STAY ON THE PATHS!! Do not harm the corn by picking, pulling, trampling or cutting through the corn.
- Children and adults should stay together.
- No smoking, alcohol, or pets permitted.
- If you carry it in, carry it out; keep our maze beautiful!
Fort Ticonderoga is proud of its agricultural history with gardens dating to 1756. Today, the formal display garden, along with educational Discovery Gardens, protected battlefields, sustainable modern farming practices, and the corn maze continue this legacy.