The Lake George Area combines the breathtaking natural beauty of the Adirondack Mountains with world-class facilities for a variety of sports. Athletes can find affordable lodging, exciting attractions, and a family-friendly atmosphere year-round.
The Lake George Area is home to high level competition, from amateur and youth to professional.
Here’s a look at what we offer:
- Arena Space
- 200+ miles of trails
- 32-mile long Lake George, one of the clearest lakes in the U.S.
- 32 Baseball/Softball Fields
- 21 Soccer/Lacrosse fields
- 2 Ski Areas
- 2 Rodeo Facilities
Some of the sporting events that have been hosted in the area have included:
- Big Time Wrestling
- East Coast Snocross
- ECHL/AHL hockey tournaments, including the All Stars Game
- FC Bayern & Global Premier Soccer U11-17 elite training camp
- Lake George Performance Weekend (powerboats)
- Lake George Triathlon
- Men’s USSA Eastern Regionals – Slalom
- National Trail Orienteering Championships
- NYSPHSAA championships for Boys Basketball (30+ yrs), Girls Softball, Boys/Girls Cross Country, Girls Volleyball, Boys Wrestling.
- Prime Time National Lacrosse Invitational
- Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball
- Ragnar Adirondack bicycle race (part of 200 mile cycling event)
- Special Olympics New York Regional Fall Games & Regional Winter Games
- Training camp for NY Red Bulls professional soccer league
- U.S. Orienteering Individual Championships
- USSA Eastern Finals
- USSA National Qualifiers
We’re not just a sporting destination – we’re a sporting vacation!
Click the links below for venue profiles.
- Click here for a one-page overview on hosting a meeting in the Lake George Area.
- Click here for a one-page overview on hosting a sports event in the Lake George Area.
For more information on how to make Lake George your Sportcation destination, fill out the form below or contact Special Events & Convention Sales Director Kristen Hanifin at (518) 668-5755 or LakeGeorgeCVB@gmail.com.